Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Move Over Cake Pops.....

Cupcake + Ice Cream Cone + Vanilla Frosting + Sprinkles?  YES PLEASE!


Yesterday, I was asked to bake for a co-workers birthday. I obviously agreed and immediately went to the store after work. Being that I've only worked there for 1 month, I decided I would play it safe, and make a plain vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles.  As I started mixing the ingredients, I knew I couldn't be that simple. My first thought?  Cake pops.  But then I remembered my long day of teaching 6 year olds and a brutal crossfit workout. I didn't have the energy to mash cake,  roll into perfect balls,  and dip into chocolate. So I looked through my cabinets for ideas and saw a box of cones.  I also remembered an article in  Rachel Ray's mag where she had made these (although my boyfriend swears he came up with idea)   So I decided to try it out.  It turned out to be a success!




You can use any cake recipe (or a box cake if you prefer). Place each cone in the cups of a cupcake pan. Then fill about 3/4 of the cones with the batter.  Cook as directed and eat with lots of frosting!


Up next....Brownies in a cone? hmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment