Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Easy As Apple Pie...In A Skillet?

This weekend I decided to make an apple pie...but in a skillet!  I normally use a skillet for searing steak, pork chops, etc. Not this time! It was so easy too!  I used a 10 inch skillet and cooked some butter and brown sugar...

Then, I peeled and cored 4lbs of apples (Granny Smith and Braeburn). Mixed them with sugar and a little cinnamon (I tend to over due it with the cinnamon)...

Then, I made a simple pie dough recipe.. placed half of the dough over the cinnamon butter mixture, added the apples and put the remaining dough over the apples...Finally, I took the skillet and placed it in the oven...

1 hour later.....

Best Served w/ Vanilla Ice Cream!

Crisp, Juicy Apple PIE!!!!!



This recipe was actually taken from Southern Living Magazine..




No comments:

Post a Comment