Monday, July 11, 2011

COOOKIES!

"Life is uncertain. Eat Dessert First!"
I never thought in a million years I would be a blogger! I follow many and thought of starting my own, but never actually thought I would do it. I'm a 25 year old teacher, and have a love for baking....I bake for my family, my friends, my boyfriend (who didn't have a sweet tooth until he met me) and endless events.
I decided to start this blog because I realized the more I baked, the more requests I received for the goods and the recipes, and the more I wanted to talk about my baking. So what better way to share my opinions, experiences, and love for baking?
Expect to see some awesome recipes and pictures and great stories that occur in my crazy daily life!
Since I am most famous for my to die for chocolate chip cookies, I thought it would only be appropriate to add this recipe to my first post! Enjoy!




Time: 45 minutes (for 16-cookie batch), plus at least 24
hours’ chilling


2 cups minus 2 tablespoons
(8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate disks or fèves, at least 60
percent cacao content or 3 cups of semi sweet morsels.


1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a
bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter
and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add
eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in
the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and
mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate
pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them.
Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24
to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be
refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line
a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking
mat. Set aside.
4. Scoop 6 3 1/2-ounce mounds of dough (the size of golf balls)
onto baking sheet, making sure to turn
horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will
make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with
sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20
minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then
slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with
remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking
remaining batches the next day. 




Eat warm, with a big napkin!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment