Monday, July 25, 2011

Cake POP Fever



My first attempt at cake pops!
In the past few weeks, I've been on a cake pop binge.  It started about a month ago when my boyfriend, my cousin Matt, his girlfriend Raquel, and I went to Lake George for the weekend.  We rented a cottage by the lake, and relaxed and cooked all weekend.  I knew hands down that the number one dessert of the weekend would be smores, however I wanted to put a twist to it.  As I was on Bakarella's website (one of my favorite blogs) I decided to try cake pops for the very first time.  I was totally unprepared. I didn't know that I needed sticks and a piece of foam as a drying rack for the pops, but I continued on and they served there purpose for the weekend (the chocolate part of the smores!)

As weeks passed, I have perfected these cake pops.... I now can make perfect circles and know the right tools for the job.  My boyfriend has even put in a request for football shaped cake pops for the official football season!


I highly recommend eating it in one bite...


Here is the recipe I used....ENJOY!  - Bakerella's Yummy Cake Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment